Madonna

Madonna, born in 1958, is an American singer-songwriter, actress and director. Internationally famous since the early eighties, capable of attracting the attention and criticism of the public and the press with her behaviors considered transgressive, as well as for her iconic video clips, Madonna is defined as The Queen of Pop.

Her most acclaimed albums include Like a Virgin, True Blue and Like a Prayer, as well as the Grammy Award winner for Best Pop Album Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dance Floor, also winner of a Grammys. Madonna founded a company called Maverick in 1992.

Her other creations include fashion design, children's books, spas and cinema. She collaborates with various charitable organizations, having founded the Ray of Light Foundation in 1998 and Raising Malawi in 2006. In 2015, according to the Guinness Book of Records, she is the best-selling female artist in the history of music, with 300 million records under her belt. all over the world, of which 83 million in the United States of America alone, making her the fourth best-selling artist ever.

In 1978, at the age of twenty, she was attacked and raped by strangers near her dance school in New York. Madonna revealed this fact for the first time many years later to a British newspaper, stating: "I was raped. It was a devastating experience, but it made me stronger. It happened a long time ago and as the years went by I came to terms with that story and managed to get over the shock."