It is known that famous Hollywood actors and actresses belong to the group of people who earn the most money, and as the year 2022 is coming to an end, it is time to find out which stars took the title of the highest paid this year.
Actors' salaries depend on a number of factors, and they are increasingly difficult to rank since the industry is constantly changing. Compared to before, the popularity of an actor no longer depends only on going to the cinema, where people used to flock to see their favorite characters.
Today, "everything is available" and it mostly revolves around the power of a certain film to attract the audience.
Here's who, judging by the earnings, managed to do it this year.
1. Tom Cruise - $100 million Thanks to the continuation of the cult film "Top Gun", which premiered for the first time more than 30 years ago, Cruise, among actors, reached the top of this list.
In August, "Top Gun: Maverick" earned US$1.37 billion at the worldwide box office. According to Insider, Cruise's salary was "only" $13 million, prior to the film's release. But that increased by a whopping 10-fold following the release of the sequel, making the 60-year-old by far the highest-paid actor in 2022.
2. Will Smith - $35 million For Smith, this year started ingloriously after the Oscars and the slap with which he "honored" comedian Chris Rock in front of everyone. Many were left wondering if the 54-year-old's film career would ever be the same.
However, according to the BBC, his film "Emancipation" received mostly positive reviews and keeps the actor, with earnings of 35 million dollars, in second place on this list. 3. Leonardo DiCaprio - $30 million DiCaprio's slate of acclaimed films, including "Shutter Island," "Django Unchained" and "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood," have earned him handsome earnings over the years.
The last film that brought the 48-year-old $30 million was "Killers of the Flower Moon." The historical drama is based on the events of the 1920s. It stars Robert De Niro, and it is signed by the legendary director Martin Scorsese.
4. Brad Pitt - $30 million Pitt's long career in the film industry has led to the actor having a high income. After "Bullet Train," the 58-year-old actor landed a lucrative $30 million deal to play the veteran Formula 1 driver in the Apple Studios film.
5. Dwayne The Rock Johnson - $22.5 million The versatile The Rock went from a badass wrestler to one of the highest-paid movie stars in Hollywood. He was paid a whopping $22.5 million for his first superhero role in "Black Adam." He earns additional income by promoting the film on his social networks, where over 350 million people follow him on Instagram alone.
The list continues with the actors Will Ferrell, Chris Hemsworth, Vin Diesel, Tom Hardy, and Joaquin Phoenix, who all share earnings of 20 million dollars each this year.
Hollywood actresses, the list of the highest-paid is as follows:
Margot Robbie - $12.5 million The Australian actress became the highest-paid actress of 2022 thanks to her starring role in the movie "Barbie" which earned her $12.5 million. At the age of 32, the talented actress has already lined up roles in impressive productions and played alongside some of the biggest names in Hollywood such as Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Will Smith, Charlize Theron and Nicole Kidman.
2. Sandra Bullock - $10 million The 58-year-old's long career has brought her millions of dollars in her bank account. According to Showbiz Galore, the famous Oscar winner earned $10 million this year for her starring role in "The Lost City." 3.
Zendaya - $10 million Disney star Zendaya's breakout hit was "Spider-Man: No Way Home," and she's since starred in a number of other productions including "Dune" and the "Euphoria" series. The next place we will see her is in the tennis movie "Challengers", where the 26-year-old was paid $10 million for her role.
4. Millie Bobby Brown - $10 million The British actress is only 18 years old, and she is already ranked among the highest paid actresses in Hollywood. In addition to starring (and growing up) in the Netflix hit "Stranger Things," Brown made a huge fortune starring in "Enoli Holmes 2," where she appeared alongside Henry Cavill.
This title earned her $10 million. 5. Lady Gaga - $10 million Having achieved roles in the films "A Star is Born" and "House of Gucci", the famous 36-year-old singer showed that she is also very good at acting. She will soon return to the screens to portray the character of Harley Quinn in the sequel to the megahit "Joker".
For the role of Joaquin Phoenix's partner, Gaga signed a lucrative contract worth 10 million dollars. After Gaga, the list continues with Jennifer Lopez, Gal Gadot, Emily Blunt, Jamie Lee Curtis and the star of the series "Queen's Gambit" Anya Taylor-Joy, who was in 10th place with earnings of 1.8 million dollars.