Netflix has published a list of the 10 most popular movies and series of the past year 2022. Every month on Netflix we can find anticipated titles that we look forward to watching, and now it is known which of them were the most watched last year.
Most Netflix fans look forward to the titles that the platform brings them every month, and some of them stand out from the rest. The movie "The Gray Man" directed by Anthony Russo and Joe Russo achieved the most viewing hours.
The film is about a CIA operative, whose true identity is unknown to anyone, who accidentally discovers the dark agency's secrets, setting off a global hunt for international killers. The main stars of the series are Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Ana de Arma.
Ten of the most watched movies on Netflix in the past year
- "The Gray Man" with 265.9 million hours watched
- "The Adam Project" with 260.5 million hours watched
- "Purple Hearts" with 240.4 million hours watched
- "Hustle" with 198.3 million hours of viewing
- "The Sea Beast" with 190.1 million hours watched
- "The Tinder Swindler" with 172.1 hours of viewing
- "The Man From Toronto" with 170.8 million hours watched
- "Senior Year" with 167.6 million hours watched
- "Enola Holmes 2" with 158 million hours of viewing
- "Troll" with 152.3 million hours of viewing
"Stranger Things is an American science fiction horror drama series created by the Duffer Brothers. Produced by Monkey Massacre Productions and Levy's 21 Laps Entertainment, the first season was released on Netflix on July 15, 2016.
Her Friend, the third and fourth seasons followed in October 2017, July 2019, and May and July 2022, respectively.
The most watched series on Netflix last year were:
- "Stranger Things" season four with 1.87 billion hours watched
- "Wednesday" first season with 1.314 billion hours of viewing
- "Dahmer" with 962.4 million hours of viewing
- "Bridgerton" second season with 775.2 million hours watched
- "All of Us Are Dead" first season with 659.5 million hours watched
- "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" with 662 million hours of viewing
- "Inventing Anna" with 654.5 million hours watched
- "The Watcher" with 395 million hours of viewing
- "The Sandman" first season with 393.1 million hours watched
- "Virgin River" fourth season with 304.8 million hours of viewing
The company has been delaying this moment for years but has decided to end sharing, starting with the US. Netflix continues to be the leading platform in terms of new titles that are released and eagerly awaited by audiences around the world.