Sean "Diddy" Combs Condemns His Actions in 2016 Hotel Video

Sean Combs issues apology for past incident with Cassie

by Zain ul Abedin
SHARE
Sean "Diddy" Combs Condemns His Actions in 2016 Hotel Video
© Hector Vivas/Getty Images

Sean "Diddy" Combs issued an apology on Sunday following the release of footage showing him physically assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Cassie, in 2016. The video, which aligns with descriptions from a now-settled lawsuit, depicts a disturbing incident involving the music mogul.

In a video statement posted on Instagram, Combs admitted his "behavior on that video is inexcusable." “It’s so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life, but sometimes you have to do that. I was f---ed up - I hit rock bottom - but I make no excuses,” Combs said.

“My behavior on that video is inexcusable. I take full responsibility for my actions in that video. I'm disgusted. I was disgusted then when I did it. I’m disgusted now”. Combs mentioned that after the incident, he sought therapy and rehab.

“I’m so sorry,” he said. “But I’m committed to being a better man each and every day. I’m not asking for forgiveness. I’m truly sorry”. Cassie, whose real name is Casandra Ventura, accused Combs of rape and physical abuse in a federal lawsuit filed in November.

She alleged that he punched, beat, kicked, and stomped her throughout their relationship. The lawsuit detailed an assault in a hotel, corroborated by the video released by CNN. Previously, Combs had denied these allegations, calling them sickening.

The settlement, which occurred shortly after the suit was filed, was described by Combs as not an admission of wrongdoing.

Shocking Hotel Footage

CNN reported that the video, captured in a hotel hallway in March 2016, shows multiple angles of the incident.

The footage begins with a woman in a hooded sweatshirt approaching an elevator. A man, identified as Combs, runs down the hall wearing a towel and no shirt. He then grabs the woman, throws her to the ground, and kicks her twice before dragging her by her sweatshirt.

The video lacks audio. Douglas Wigdor, Cassie's attorney, commented on the video, stating, “The video has only further confirmed the disturbing and predatory behavior of Mr. Combs. Words cannot express the courage and fortitude that Ms.

Ventura has shown in coming forward to bring this to light”. The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office acknowledged the “disturbing and difficult to watch” video but stated the incident is outside the statute of limitations for assault.

Therefore, no charges can be filed based on the video. Combs remains under federal investigation, with properties in California and Florida raided by Homeland Security Investigations in March. Agents executed search warrants, seizing Combs' phones in Miami just before a scheduled trip to the Bahamas.

Since Cassie's allegations, Combs has faced five additional lawsuits accusing him of s-xual assault, trafficking, and other criminal activities. He has denied all accusations and sought to dismiss some of the lawsuits. Attorney Aaron Dyer, representing Combs, reiterated his client's innocence following the federal raids, describing them as an ambush and calling the allegations "meritless." Dyer emphasized that there has been no finding of criminal or civil liability against Combs.

SHARE